Metallic Peel Off Paints are paints that can be removed whenever you want to change the color or finish of your car. These Metallics offer the real luster of Metallic automotive paint. It is the latest DIY (Do It Yourself) product from Alsa!
Can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed on almost any surface. And this stuff peels off just like car wrap film, but easier! It is very similar to Plasti Dip, however, our product is non-toxic, and it is waster base safe!
SPECIAL NOTE: Peel Off Paint WILL NOT DRY PROPERLY BELOW 70°F We recommend a temperature above 70° F Can not be removed in cold. It needs at least 70° F to remove.
SPRAY CANS: We suggest that you use the entire contents of a can once it is open. Apply spray using a continuous motion when possible. Stop and go spraying will create dribbling at the tip. Be sure to wipe the tip well after each application.
Alsa’s Peel Off Paint material is a water-based paint that can be removed whenever you want to change the color of your car. When you want a new color, simply strip it away, like a film, and apply your new color. This paint can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed on almost any surface.
Available in all matte colors, this paint can also be clear coated using any good automotive grade clear coat, for a gloss version, that will also be removable as a film.
- Works like a liquid vinyl
- Non-toxic water based
- Dozens of colors
- Easy to use and remove
- Great for DIY jobs
- Lays down smoothly and easily
Do not apply to a porous surface like raw wood, old car paint, etc), this will result in permanent adhesion.
If your vehicle is an older model with lots of fall out, it is best to buff it with a rubbing compound.
Begin by washing the vehicle or part.
It is highly recommended that a small test area/panel be done prior to starting any project.
DO NOT CLEAN WITH ALCOHOL, SOLVENT, or AMMONIA. Unless you want to soften for removal.
- Surface must be smooth and cleaned.
- Alsa Peel Off Paint is ready to use. Stir well, and strain Alsa Peel Off Paint before application.
- You will need a gravity gun with a 1.6 to 1.8 tip. If you don’t have such a tip you may water it down 5% to 10% with distilled water for better results (additional coats may be required). Or Airless equipment may be used with a tip size # .011 or .019
- The ideal temperature to spray the product is at 75°F to 80°F. It will not work in temperatures below 60°F.
- Apply a light tack coat of BASE Peel Off Paint and let it cure 15 minutes. Then follow it with 4 medium wet coats of base, allowing 15 to 30 minute cure time in between coats. (Cooler temperature and humidity will prolong time in between coats). The thickness of the paint will have an effect on how easily it removes as a film. Using less coats will result in a thinner coating, and will not come off as nicely.
- Apply 3 medium wet coats of Alsa Peel Off Paint Topcoat Color, allowing 15 – 30 minutes dry time between coats
- Allow the finished product to cure for 48 hours in ambient room temperatures (75 F or higher). High humidity can extend this to 72 hours. It will be dry to the touch within 3 to 4 hours however. To fully cure allow 7 days.
- If you want a gloss finish, wait until it’s fully cured about 7 days, you can now apply any good automotive grade clear coat over this color, such as Alsa’s Speed Clear, Part Number SC1230. Apply 2 wet medium coats of clear, with 10-15 minutes dry time between coats.
- Clean up your equipment after using Peel Off Paint with water. (Warm water works better).
- For the first two to three weeks, wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Do not use any household or automotive cleaners containing alcohol, solvent, or ammonia to clean the car or part.
- After 2 to 3 weeks you can take your car through a normal car wash.
- Coating should be checked for adhesion every 2 months.
Peel Off Paint Removal
- Ambient Temperature should be 70°F to 80°F.
- Start by removing the edges with your fingernail, or anything that will get up under it.
- Once you lift up the edge, try to make a film, and take it off in big sheets.
- If you feel that it is hard to remove you can use a hair dryer or heat gun to warm it up and release the film from the surface (be patient).
- After removing all the Peel Off Paint material, you can wash the car as you would normally do.
- If you leave Peel Off Paint on for over 6 months, and too much adhesion occurs, re-coat it again with Peel Off Paint and it will be ready to come off easily.